I personally have AT&T as my cell phones carrier, but that is so I can have the unlimited talk between my family members. Here are a few good ideas for anyone wanting to start the next generation of carriers and actually wants to succeed.
- Let everyone choose what features they want freely. No packaging plan crap.
- Don’t have a plan over 25$ extra a month in the data region(5gb is preferred per month at 25$).
- Have a mobile or online application that is well advertised to the customers that lets people mark dead spots plus good spots as well.
- Don’t load your cell phones with bloat ware(AT&T).. this only makes the user want to switch carriers.
- If you do load bloat ware, make sure the phone is unlocked and rooted(Android) and jailbroken(iPhone) and also unlocking(WP7). This includes the option to completely remove the bloat ware for the user.
- Encourage an open source and easy to implement radio band. Preferably with a SIM like card so users can switch phones with out going to the carriers stores all the time and asking for customer support(Verizon)…
- Report the actual speeds of your network when users ask how fast is the Edge network, 3G network, and 4G networks are. Don’t leave the user and customer guessing, this is a bad way of showing customer respect.
- Show large support for smart phones and their users but never let the people with just talk die away.
- Have senior plans, say people 55+ get their plans at half the cost but the phones stay the same price wise(we know giving free data doesn’t put you behind that much).
And these are only a few late night ideas I had. If you have anymore ideas for any startup or existing carriers leave them in the comment section below.